Thursday, July 19, 2012

Hello Kitty Stamping

My daughter just turned one the other day and the theme for her birthday was ... Hello Kitty! Of course, since the theme of her party was Hello Kitty my nails had to match. I decided to go with a red bowed version of the cute feline accompanied by polka dots. I am really happy with how it turned out. The only thing frustrating me is the smearing. I have tried different topcoats, waiting longer periods of time, and different stamping polishes all-together, but I can't get the stamp to quit smearing. So, if any of you have found the magical trick please share, because I am at my wits end. Anyways, I used Zoya Sooki (2 coats), Wet n' Wild  French White Creme (2 coats), Konad White, Konad Black Pearl, Seche Vite top coat, and HOT stamping plate QA12. If you get this brand of plate, please be very careful. The edges are very sharp. It is cut into an octagon so it even has sharpened corners!  I used the medium sized Hello Kitty image and the polka dots from this plate for my manicure. I had a lot of fun coming up with this and will hopefully be doing many more!

I think this is my favorite manicure yet!
I think the overall effect is very cute and fun. What do you think?
Hello Kitty! Ahhh, fond memories of my childhood. I used to spend hours in the Sanrio Store. Too bad it isn't still open.
Konad Black Pearl, Zoya Sooki, Konad White, HOT plate QA12
Look at those edges. You will definitely have to keep this somewhere safe away from little kids. Shoot, I have to be careful not to drop it on my own foot!

8 comments:

  1. I have an OB12 plate I got from ninja polish and it looks exactly the same. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I purchased this on ebay, but I think it I'd the same plate.

      Delete
  2. This is super cute, I really like it!
    I'm your newest follower btw, hi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cute. I just did a Hello Kitty manicure myself for my sister-in-law but its no wear near as good as this.
    Awesome work! Turned out perfect :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. I swear, you can't go wrong with Hello Kitty!

      Delete
  4. This turned out awesome! I have yet to master stamping yet :P But you rock at it!
    Also, I gave you a Liebster award here:
    http://ohthreeohfour.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-award.html
    <3

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment on this blog, but please no spam. If you want me to follow your blog, just e-mail me. :)