Saturday, January 14, 2012

Orly Nail Rescue

To fix my crack (ha ha ha), I tried out Orly Nail Rescue. It was a toss up between trying the "silk wrap," which seemed a little intimidating, or this product. It looked user friendly and came with everything I needed.
When I came home from my shopping trip I decided to see if anyone had any tips or tricks before I seriously screwed up my nail any further. Makeup Alley had a few reviews with some advice that I am glad I took. The instructions tell you to have a clean nail, brush on the nail glue to the entire nail bed, and quickly dip your entire nail into the nail repair powder. First, let me address that the advice given on Makeup Alley by reviewers was to only apply the glue and powder to the affected area. I am glad I did because the step after application is buffing and I can only imagine how difficult and long that would have been to smooth down an entire nail!
Continuing on, you are to use their buffing square to even out the repaired nail. Once completely even, your nail is good to go. They do recommend using a ridge filler base coat until the repaired nail has grown out. So, back to how I did it. The buffing square that is provided doesn't seem to be coarse enough to smooth out the repair without taking hours so I used one of my buffing files to do the job faster. You need to be very careful when filing the repair down that you don't go too far and start filing down your actual nail. While being extremely careful, I buffed my nail down to as smooth as I felt safe doing without damaging my actual nail and I must say it feels great. I can feel that my actual nail is stronger and no longer trying to separate! The area of repair is only noticeable if you get your eye directly on the nail and know where to look when covered with nail polish.
The only possible problem is the repair is white, so sheer nail polish will still show the repair. I have had several colors over the repair site and it has not stained it nor has any of the repair dissolved due to my almost constant use of nail polish remover. I can definitely say this will remain a permanent fixture in my nail care collection!    

This product was purchased by me at Sally Beauty Supply.

2 comments:

  1. I like the Orly products, I have been using the Nailtrition and it is really working well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still can't get over how much better my nail feels! I love this product!

      Delete

I read and appreciate every comment on this blog, but please no spam. If you want me to follow your blog, just e-mail me. :)