Monday, January 23, 2012

OPI Not Like the Movies

OPI Not Like the Movies is from the 2011 Katy Perry Collection. This is a purple/green/silver duochrome frost that goes on a little sheer. This color even has a small amount of silver microglitter. The swatches took four coats so there would be no visible nail line. It went on a little streaky for me but it is definitely a cool color besides, I love Katy Perry.

Sorry about the blurry close up, but it was the only way to show you the green in the duochrome shift.

This polish was purchased by me.

5 comments:

  1. I swapped this one away! I just wasnt feeling it, I preferred greys anatomy, but it looks great on your nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I won't deny that it was frustrating to use four coats to get opacity, but like I said I am a sucker for Katy Perry.

      Delete
  2. I always love seeing this np and its duochrom-y goodness. Sucks that it's so hard to find the "good" version :(

    I've read of people layering this one over black or dark grey, with one coat of NLTM over the other color you'll achieve the same effect, if I remember right :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know there was a bad version out there. Hmmmm. I hate that companies will get a good polish/product, get people in love with it, and then change the formula. Havent they realized we will realize the difference?

      Anyways, sorry about that vent moment. I really need to try this over black polish. Thanks for the tip.

      Delete
    2. yup, the dud version is just silver, not duochrome at all :(

      Delete

I read and appreciate every comment on this blog, but please no spam. If you want me to follow your blog, just e-mail me. :)