Sunday, September 9, 2012

Girly Girl Nail Art Challenge: Gimme That Bling



Week number two of the Girly Girl Challenge calls for some serious bling. I thought and thought about what I should do: just one glitter, stamping, gradient, holographic, glue actual diamonds on to my nails (yeah, right.) I finally decided on a glitter gradient of Milani Purple Gleam and Lavender Fizz. First, let me just say these two colors alone are stunning. I am a big fan of purple and these two hit the jackpot for me. Purple and glitter, how can you go wrong? Clean up of this was quite difficult. I am very glad I taped my fingers before application, like I was doing water marbling. The effect these polishes made were worth the trouble. I used two coats of Gelous and one coat of Seche Vite to smooth out the very rough texture. Well, I hope this is "blingy" enough for the challenge. I know it is definitely one of the most dazzling manicures I have done so far. Plus, my husband was ecstatic that I used the polishes he recommended!! Go Hubby!!

It starts with Lavender Fizz and fades into Purple Gleam toward the tips.




2 comments:

  1. It's nice that your hubby got to participate (in his own 'lil way). I like your blog logo,btw.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment on this blog, but please no spam. If you want me to follow your blog, just e-mail me. :)