Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My Favorite Things Nail Art Challenge Day 7: Glitter



Glitter is the theme of today's nail art challenge by Ooh La La Polish. I have a lot of glitter, so it made my selection a little complicated. I decided to go simple with a glitter "french manicure." I used Piggy Polish Going Places In This Oasis, which is a stunning teal glitter in a teal base. It took two coats for full opacity. As with most blue/green polishes, be careful of staining, use a good base coat. ManGlaze Matte Is Murder was used for the tips. I thought that once the top coat was added, the shimmer would compliment the glitter in the base color of the nail. I topped it off with Gelous top coat. This manicure is really fun, and looked amazing in the sun. It reminded me of those sequined dresses pageant girls wear (I was never one of those girls, no crown for me). So, what is your favorite glitter manicure?

Stunning in the sunlight!
Still shining in the shade.

1 comment:

I read and appreciate every comment on this blog, but please no spam. If you want me to follow your blog, just e-mail me. :)