Sunday, September 23, 2012

Girly Girl Nail Art Challenge: Inspired by the Runway

This weeks challenge calls for us to be inspired by the runway. So, I hit the internet searching the latest fashion for the "IT" things for the season. I fell in love with the color oxblood. It is a deep red/burgundy that can look almost black. The other trend that caught my eye was all of the uses of leather and reptile prints/embossing. It looks so chic and edgy. Combined, I think I have found the coolest manicure to date. I feel like one bad mam'a jamm'a. I used the beautiful Prey Tell from China Glaze as my base color. I feel dark and mysterious with it on. Next, I used my ManGlaze Matte Is Murder for the matte black, reptile stamping detail. I think this looks too cool. I had two little problems doing this manicure. First, clean up of Prey Tell left evidence. By "evidence," I mean bloody looking cuticles. No matter what I did, they looked red and irritated. The other problem I had was stamping the matte polish quick enough before it dried on the stamper. Matte polishes dry quickly in general. Having such a thin layer for stamping meant I had to move like the Flash. I think the effect I captured was worth the effort.

Ignore my poor index finger. The nail was involved in a small lawnmower starting accident. It will be missed.
Try not to notice the bloody looking cuticle. :(
Looks so dramatic.
One more for the road.

Prey Tell : This was a little tricky to apply. It was fully opaque in two coats, but it was a little "gloopy" in consistency. Even with it being thicker than I prefer, I will definitely wear this color again. Look at that shine!
 
Color Inspiration: Oxblood            Designer: Peter Som 
Picture obtained at Harpers Bazaar
Texture/Stamp Inspiration : Reptile/Leather        Designer: DKNY 
Picture obtained at Harpers Bazaar


8 comments:

  1. That nail polish color looks like Georgio from Sinful Colors :) Its GORGEOUS!!! Love the combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right, it is very close to Georgio, just darker and less brown toned. A pretty good substitution!

      Delete
  2. I do love oxblood color for the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea, Kim, this mani looks so great! I love this oxblood trend. I want a purse or boots in that shade sooo bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Great, now I keep thinking about a purse in this color. I'm already poor from my polish habit.

      Delete

I read and appreciate every comment on this blog, but please no spam. If you want me to follow your blog, just e-mail me. :)