Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My Favorite Things Nail Art Challenge Day 9: Flowers

So the challenge is coming towards the end, and I have my flower manicure to show and tell. I miss show and tell. Remember in kindergarten, when it was finally your turn to bring in your most prized possessions, and you just knew you were the coolest ever? I miss those days of play, nap time, and snacks.  I never thought I would reminisce over my elementary school days. Well, lets get back on topic. I thought about hand painting flowers or doing one accent flower on one nail, but I have been wanting to use one of my stamping plates for a while and settled on this one from my Bundle Monster set, plate # BM 221. Once I had it on my nails, it seemed rather reminiscent of a Hawaiian print shirt. All I need is a Mai Tai, a hula skirt, and my husband throwing flaming torches to set the scene. Aloha `oe, aloha `oe,E ke onaona noho i ka lipo,One fond embrace, Until we meet again (do you hear the ukulele playing in the background?) How did I go from kindergarten to a luau? Really need to focus here. So, for the base color, I used butter LONDON Slapper. I just got this during Ulta's buy one get one free sale on Monday, and I am in love. This beauty went on in two breezy coats! I also used Konad White for stamping. I did notice something a little weird after putting Sech Vite top coat on after stamping. The flowers turned a yellowish color and the beautiful teal of Slapper had a yellow/green tinge to it. Hmmmm ... it still looks pretty to me! So, what do you think of my Luau manicure? Are you in Maui with me yet or are you still in the hotel with jet lag? (I think I need a vacation!)




10 comments:

  1. I love the colour you used. Soooo puuuurtty ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous colour on you! I love the stamped flowers too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want this color badly!! But I wonder if there is a dupe for under $17!! When I was in preschool, at nap time they had to build walls around me out of other beds because I talked to my fellow nappers - how mean is that, hey?!? As I ramble in your comments - lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, glad to see I am not the only one reminiscing about kindergarten! They put you in a nap fort. :(

      Delete
  4. I love this combo! It's so summery and fun :) I also noticed that with SV. I had white clouds stamped on a light blue and it ended up looking dirty :( I've found that to be the case with all white stamping I do using SV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There must be a conspiracy with SV. Guess I need to start using a different top coat when stamping with white. Damn!

      Delete

I read and appreciate every comment on this blog, but please no spam. If you want me to follow your blog, just e-mail me. :)