Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Essie White Bright Nail Pen *UPDATE*

*Go to bottom of post for updated content.*

Essie White Bright Nail Pen is suppose to help whiten and brighten the appearance of natural nails. The unique formula using non-bleach technology dries in seconds leaving nails white, bright and beautiful according to the description on the box. It can be used alone or under your nail color. Of course, Essie recommends you still use a base coat with your manicure. So I thought I would do a test for you all seeing that nail yellowing is a BIG problem in the nail polish community. To my total embarrassment, of course, I will start with some before pictures that I am not too proud of. Beginning in the fall of last year, I was using a pretty crappy base coat and low and behold a dark color bled through the base coat and stained my nails (cue sad face and slow violin music here). After that I got on track and bought several good base coats and things were looking better. Then I did my Christmas manicure ... with the crappy base coat again (yes I know, shame on me). I did this stupid act thinking I was going to remove it in a day or two so not too much to be concerned about right? Wrong! My one to two days turned into 6 days and some very yellow (and green) nails. So here is the evidence of my nail blunder, minus the green (thank God for nail polish remover). Hope you all learned a valuable lesson from my mistake. Please don't judge my pictures too harshly. I will post updates over the next few weeks to show you the difference.

Now when you use the pen, you feel like your are using a felt tip marker that has clear ink. It does dry/absorb very quickly.
Please ignore the crack in my middle finger. That occurred a few days ago and tomorrow I will discuss the product that I used to fix it. :)
Ewwww. I don't know why I put the watermark there. It's not like anyone would want to steal these pictures LOL!


So, I used this product for roughly four weeks and did not see a big difference. I would use it in between manicures and if I had no polish on I would apply it daily. It was a BIG disappointment. I was really hoping it would work. Oh well, I hope it has worked for someone out there. Let me know if you have any tricks for whitening. I am about to start trying Orly Cutique to see if that works. Wish me luck.

Here are some before and after pictures for you to examine. Please don't judge the dried out fingers/cuticles, I had just removed some polish. :(
Before
After
 Before
 After
 After
So, can any of you see the difference. I sure can't!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment on this blog, but please no spam. If you want me to follow your blog, just e-mail me. :)