Saturday, March 24, 2012

My First Water Marble Nail Art!

I did my first water marble nail art. I think it was quite successful for a first try. It took a while to get the technique down, but once I had it, it was a lot of fun. I first made the mistake of using some cheap-o polishes I had bought just for this. They were way too gloopy. So I busted out my old trusty China Glaze and had instant magic. I followed the advice of others and used room temperature filtered water, taped my nails off with scotch tape, and used a toothpick to create the marble effect. I first tried to use my dotting tool but the point wasn't fine enough. I used the China Glaze colors, Secret Peri-wink-le, Starboard, and Lemon Fizz. I had a base of 2 coats of Wet n Wild French White. I wish I had done step by step photos but I was really concentrating on doing this right. Next time I will give instructions. I will definitely be doing this technique again. Oh, I received a TON of compliments on this manicure including patients, checkout clerks, and I even made one doctor speechless (which is quite a feat)!
So each nail looked completely different. I tried a different "swirl" every time to see what came out the best.
So here are the lovely colors I used. L-R Secret Peri-wink-le, Lemon Fizz, Starboard
You can see my error, during application, on my ring finger. I started to take my finger out of the water before making sure ALL of the excess polish was off of the surface.
I just thought this looked pretty. :)
I apologize for the cuticles and tip wear, well, just general manicure damage. I had worked a bunch at the hospital, and the wear and tear on my hands does do a number despite tons of moisturizer. So for a first attempt I think it turned out quite well. What do you think. What are your experiences trying out water marbling.

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty.. I love the colors you chose :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love China Glaze's polish! Are very nice colours and cool effect! I've never tried these ones but I think one day it could be possible :)
    You can check my blog if you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours, and amazing first go at it!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment on this blog, but please no spam. If you want me to follow your blog, just e-mail me. :)