Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Mani!!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone. It has been a while since I last posted, but things have been a little crazy around here. On to the manicure. I tried my first glitter gradient manicure today and I think I did okay. It is by no means amazing, but I have seen worse (I hope.)I used Martian Salad by Pretty and Polished for my holographic green base, Essie  Gold as it Gets and China Glaze Blonde Bombshell for the glitter, and topped it all off with my beloved Seche Vite! My idea was I had my green color to start with, then the holographic shimmer in it would represent the rainbow, and finally the gold glitter would be the gold at the end of the rainbow. It looked perfect in my head! Reality quickly set in during my mani, real life would not be so perfect. I had a very hard time with Blonde Bombshell getting clumpy during the application process. The interesting thing was it wasn't getting gooped up on the nail, it was getting lumpy at the rim of the bottle which made applying it a nightmare! So, despite the difficulties, it turned out fair I think. Well, at least I can't get pinched tomorrow because of the green!




Unfortunately the sun isn't out right now, so I can't get a shot of the rainbow effect, but you get the idea. I will try and post more pictures later when and if the sun comes out. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment on this blog, but please no spam. If you want me to follow your blog, just e-mail me. :)