Thursday, June 7, 2012

China Glaze Capitol Colors Part 3: Harvest Moon, Riveting, and Luxe and Lush

Here are my final three polishes from the Capitol Colors Collection for the Hunger Games. If you hadn't noticed, I was trying to group them by color family :) I left the "fiery" colors for last. To say I had a hard time capturing Luxe and Lush on my camera is like saying I had a hard time stopping the elephant from running me over. I did another attempt today and got much better results. (YEA!!!) Anyways, I love all of these colors. Harvest Moon would make a beautiful fall manicure, Riveting is a great, bright, fiery color, and Luxe and Lush adds glitz to just about anything! These colors just have no faults in my book. It was two coats to get full coverage for both Harvest Moon and Riveting, but no topcoat. I used one "dabbed" coat of Luxe and Lush over one coat Wet n Wild Black Creme. I also used one coat of Gelous over Luxe and Lush for a better looking finish. Enjoy the pictures.
Harvest Moon is a beautiful copper colored metallic. It is definitely on the warm side of the color scheme, beautiful finish.
District 9 - Grain
Riveting is a show stopping orange jelly with gold glitter suspended in it. This color literally GLOWS!!  If you don't want attention to your manicure, definitely do not wear this.
District 3 - Technology

Doesn't it look like Riveting?? 
Luxe and Lush is a great shredded looking flakie that flashes mainly orange, yellow, and green, but blue and pink can sometimes be seen.
District 1 - Luxury
This is what the actual shredded flakes look like. This polish will definitely need several topcoats to smooth out the finish.
If you are looking to make a manicure statement, these are the colors for you from the Capitol Colors collection. My favorite out of these three is Riveting, because it is a show stopper and I have absolutely nothing like it in my collection. Which do you like most?


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours. I would love to have Riveting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riveting. Hands down. You're kind of making me thinagain about Harvest Moon, though.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment on this blog, but please no spam. If you want me to follow your blog, just e-mail me. :)