Monday, May 28, 2012

China Glaze Capitol Colors Part 2: Agro, Stone Cold, Smoke and Ashes

Like my previous post, all three colors are from the China Glaze Capitol Colors Collection from this past March. All three were consistent in application as my previous review, perfect. All I needed was two coats for full coverage. No top coat was used on Agro or Smoke and Ashes. I will say I had the worst time photographing Smoke and Ashes. It drove me crazy!! It either looked pitch black/inky or really hazy! Some of the problem was my camera. Since my son had a little "fun" with my normal camera, I have been using my Rebel XTi, which does not have a macro lens (aka very close up shots). I got some cheater lens covers for the mean time that "act" like a macro lens, but there is a learning curve which I am still learning. So, I apologize ahead of time for the fuzzy/awkward photos. I usually am pretty consistent with how my pic's look, but these will have to do. I just hate using pictures I am not 100% happy with, but oh well. Here they are.

Agro is a beautiful dark olive green metallic shimmer. I really like this color. It has a glow to it. Be careful of brush strokes when applying.
District 11 - Agriculture
Stone cold is a gunmetal grey matte polish. I really LOVE this color. I am a huge fan of matte polishes and this is just too cool! It really looks like a hammered metal/stone finish. It even looks great with a topcoat.
District 2-Masonry
I used Seche Vite for a glossy top coat. It definitely changed the color of the polish to a dark granite color. It reminds me of counter tops.
See what I mean!
Smoke and Ashes is a inky dark midnight blue with green and blue shimmer. It is a really pretty color, but a pain in the arse to photograph. I am still not quite happy with these, but I had to make do with what I had.
District 12 - Mining
Here is a better look at the blue and green shimmer in it. Just lovely.  
Obviously my favorite out of these three is Stone Cold, but Agro is a close second. There is a special place in my heart for dark, vampy colors! Which did you like?

4 comments:

  1. I like Stone Cold and Smoke & Ashes best. I may have to get over myself and go get Stone Cold. :) Topcoating a matte just makes it look so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment on this blog, but please no spam. If you want me to follow your blog, just e-mail me. :)