Tuesday, May 22, 2012

China Glaze Capitol Colors Part 1: Dress Me Up, Foie Gras, and Fast Track

The Capitol Colors Collection for China Glaze was released in the beginning of March in correlation with the Hunger Games movie. I absolutely loved the books and was thrilled to see the movie! I think it was really neat to have a tie in with nail polish. It is a collection of twelve different polishes that correlate with the twelve different Districts, and I have nine of them to show you. I will say that every single one of the polishes I purchased, I loved. They went on like butta at two coats. I had no problems with application or anything for that matter. I just have nothing bad to say about them except I really didn't like the names they gave half of them, but oh well. All of these photos were two coats with no top coat.

Dress Me Up is a dusty rose/mauve color creme polish.  I ended up liking this one more on than in the bottle.  A very subdued color for me.
District 8 - Textiles
Foie Gras is a purpley/brown/taupe color. This is really hard to describe. You at first think yeah, its brown, but when compared to other browns you definitely see the purple. Still, a very pretty creme.
District 10 - Livestock
Fast Track is a nice beige with gold shimmer. It is kind of a mix between China Glaze Stellar and Knotty.
District 6 -Transportation
Out of these three colors, I have to say my favorite is a tie between Dress Me Up and Foie Gras. I really don't have a lot of "neutral," "work appropriate" colors, and it was just really refreshing to see these and add them to my collection. Did any of you have any surprise favorites from this group?

4 comments:

  1. My favorite from the collection was Riveting - such a bright orange! Foie Gras looks right up my alley though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love that color. Dork note- I wore that for the movie premiere!! LOL!

      Delete
  2. I like the first two, with Foie Gras probably being my favorite here. Such great colors in this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love fast track, It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment on this blog, but please no spam. If you want me to follow your blog, just e-mail me. :)