Thursday, May 10, 2012

Butter London Lip Gloss and Polish: Trout Pout & Primrose Hill Picnic

Butter London has a new collection of lip glosses, called Lippy, that correspond with some existing and some new polishes. I think the idea is really neat to have matching nails and lips. The lip glosses are heavily pigmented that very closely, if not identically, match their intended lacquers. I have Trout Pout and Primrose Hill Picnic to show you. Now the polishes were AMAZING!! Great coverage at either two thick coats or three thin coats. I am not wearing a top coat in these pictures. These polishes went on like a dream. Oh, and a bonus, they are a 3-Free brand! This was my first experience with this brand, and I am happy to say I absolutely love them!At first, I had a little issue with the lip gloss. First, I don't have perfect lips. No matter how much chap stick I wear, or scrubs I use, I always have dry skin on my lips. These glosses are thick. Warning, they will pull at any dry skin on your lips. So a little advise, put your favorite chap stick on first then the gloss will simply glide over your lips with lipstick like pigment that will truly compliment your nails. Since I did have to use a chap stick underneath, I did have to use two coats of the lip gloss to get even coverage, without looking streaky.  

Trout Pout
Trout Pout
Trout Pout
Trout Pout
Trout Pout is described as pale, retro, cantaloupe color. I really liked this color with my skin tone. I wouldn't exactly call it pale, but it was very flattering on my nails.  The Lippy was actually flattering as a lip gloss as well. I normally shy away from bright lip colors, but I actually liked this.

Primrose Hill Picnic
Primrose Hill Picnic
Primrose Hill Picnic
Primrose Hill Picnic
Primrose Hill Picnic is a fuchsia pink that is just beautiful. I liked the color on my nails much more than the color on my lips. Like I said earlier, I just don't think I pull off bright lips very well. The nail polish makes for a fun and bright manicure for summer! 

Well this was my first official "make up" post. I hope you like how I displayed the lip glosses. Let me know if you have any suggestions! What do you think of this collection?

These products were sent to me, by the company, for review.

6 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the pink lipgloss on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't think you realize how nervous I was taking pic's of my face for this!!

      Delete
  2. I love these. I have Snog in both and I wish I could wear hot pink lipgloss everywhere now. Your lips look great, you did such a nice job! I tried and tried and tried, but I just couldn't get a good lip shot... but then again, it was Cinco de Mayo and it WAS after we'd been out for a few hours....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I want to get Snog in their nail polish. You should have seen how many pics I took to get that one, and I still wasn't quite thrilled. I think we are our own worst critic. :)

      Delete
  3. Trout Pout looks amazing! Looks like my bank account is going to take a hit pretty soon ;) Love your blog!

    megancaster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment on this blog, but please no spam. If you want me to follow your blog, just e-mail me. :)