Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Favorite Things Nail Art Challenge Day 3: My Favorite Animal

Day 3 of the challenge by Ooh La La Polish asks what is your favorite animal. I don't really have a favorite animal (Are we noticing an indecisive trend yet?), but growing up, I always wanted to be an elephant trainer. Why you ask? Well not because I was in love with the elephants, I wanted to wear the trainers pretty/sparkly costumes!! Now of course, I really do love elephants. I think they are amazing creatures, but to a five year old, the sequined costume looks better. Apparently I have always had a love for the more sparkly things in life! I used  China Glaze Elephant Walk for my base color. Appropriate name for the polish, right?  I used Wet n Wild Black Creme for the black detailing, White On by Sally Hansen for the toe nails and tusks, and I Believe in Amour by Color Club for the pink nose. Then, I topped the whole shebang off with Seche Vite. I must say, I really love Elephant Walk, It is a medium grey with a very subtle shimmer to it. I can see a full manicure with this color alone in my future! I had full coverage with two coats with normal drying time. I really like how this turned out. I might redo this one day before going to the zoo!
Do you like my elephant feet?
I was scared to paint anything else and ruin it.

15 comments:

  1. This is super cute! The trunk is especially adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a little problem getting it to look right, LOL!

      Delete
  2. Wow! These are really clever! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I almost did something completely different, but I am really happy how this turned out.

      Delete
  3. This is a great idea! You can tell its an elephant but it doesn't have the problem of trying to draw the face! Great idea! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Drawing the entire face was a concern that I just didn't have the energy to deal with last night! :)

      Delete
  4. This is very creative and very cute- love the trunk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so clever! I tend to be indecisive too and can't narrow down one favorite haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are just too many choices! I need limitations. Just ask my husband about trying to pick something out to eat. Nightmare!

      Delete
  6. Love it! You did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really loved your cute little elephant on you thumb!

      Delete
  7. Glad I'm not the only indecisive person participating! This is a great mani - very different take on an animal as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! See, indecisiveness pays off, I think. Maybe? Yes. I don't know.

      Delete
  8. How creative!! I absolutely love how you did the legs and trunk - so cool!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment on this blog, but please no spam. If you want me to follow your blog, just e-mail me. :)